Call Us For Enquiry : +91 9245160842
Avocados are an ancient fruits and originated from central America and Mexico. These fruits are commonly called as Butter Fruits in India. Avocado is a tropical fruit and looks similar to pear fruit. These fruits are good source of nutrients compared to other fruits. Avocados are existed since 1900’s in India and first introduced in the country’s west coast by way of Sri Lanka. Commercial cultivation of avocados is limited in India and mainly south Indian states produce avocados. Avocado fruits are mainly used as fresh fruit.Even though avocado farming is picking slowly in India, avocados cultivation has good future in India. Generally, July through Sept is the time period to find avocados in the market.
Local Names Of Avocado
Avocado, Butter Fruit (English), Makhanphal (Hindi), Vennai Pazham (Tamil/Malayalam), Alpukat (Marathi), Mager Nashpati (Urdu), Benne Hannu (Kannada), Venna Pandu (Telugu)
Major Popular Production States in India
Avocado farming slowly picking up in India. Currently there are limited south Indian states that are in production of avocados. Commercial cultivation is happening in Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Maharashtra, and Karnataka. Sikkim is the only north eastern state where avocados are grown.
The Health Benefits of Avocado
Avocado, also known as aguacate, alligator pear and butter pear is a buttery, soft and slightly flavorful fruit with the shape of a pear. Unlike other fruits, avocado is well known for its high calorie content and high fat content. Nonetheless, avocados are very healthy and beneficial with many nutrients.
Nutrients are found in Avocados
Avocados are a good source of pantothenic acid, dietary fiber, vitamin K, copper, folate, vitamin B6, potassium, vitamin E, and vitamin C. Although they are fruits, avocados have a high fat content of between 71 to 88% of their total calories—about 20 times the average for other fruits.
12 Proven Benefits of Avocado
1. Avocado is Incredibly Nutritious
2. They Contain More Potassium Than Bananas
3. Avocado is Loaded With Heart-Healthy Monounsaturated Fatty Acids
4. Avocados Are Loaded With Fiber
5. Eating Avocados Can Lower Cholesterol and Triglyceride Levels
6. People Who Eat Avocados Tend to be Healthier
7. The Fat in Them Can Help You Absorb Nutrients From Plant Foods
8. Avocados Are Loaded With Powerful Antioxidants That Can Protect The Eyes
9. Avocado May Help Prevent Cancer
10. Avocado Extract May Help Relieve Symptoms of Arthritis
11. Eating Avocado May Help You Lose Weight
12. Avocado is Delicious and Easy to Incorporate in The Diet